Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ebay Crazies #1

Things that make me crazy on Ebay!

Item #1: When international bidders bid on your items without asking, and when you've indicated that you don't accept international bids.

Which, of course, just happened on one of my auctions. The bid was from Brazil, which is a place I haven't shipped to before and don't want to. If the bid had come from England or Japan, I might have made an exception.

I know that opening auctions up to international bidders is supposed to increase sales. I understand that and sometimes for certain types of items I do open things up to Japan. But overall, I have found international sales to be a pain in the ass.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate it. I had a bidder from the UK bid on an item this week and I was able to cancel the transaction. He did some underhanded stuff (I will be blogging about that down the line...) so that helped in him being willing to cancel it too so I got my fees back. Anyway, you could cancel and if the buyer approves, you get your FAV fees back. If he doesn't - you lose the fees. But sometimes the trouble outweighs the fees and makes it worth it to cancel. Having said that, some of my biggest and best sales have gone out of the country. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU Shara for stopping by here! I have another very well-known blog out there, but it has nothing to do with all this retro/vintage stuff. So I'm back at the beginning here with my new blog! A link by your place would be great, if you are able and open to it! (You're on my blog list.)

    I've been a seller on Ebay for over 10 years now. Not big time, just a few items every week - pin money. I have a decent handle on what sells to Japan and know that the Japanese folks will pay high and fast. But in other transactions, it's just not been fun for me over the years. I probably should be more open to Canada, I suppose. But for now, I'm trying to expand over to Etsy for a FEW items and compare. All an experiment. : )

    ReplyDelete